DelDOT and DNREC, along with partner agencies, will hold a series of forums over the next two weeks in all three counties, to present information and maps of proposed projects that are part of Governor Jack Markell’s First State Trails and Pathways Initiative. The goal is to create a statewide network of pathways and trails for non-motorized travel and recreation for Delaware’s citizens and visitors.
Read the full article here at Delaware Department of Transportation News Room
The New Castle County workshop will be held Monday, May 14, from 4 to 7 p.m., at the WILMAPCO offices, 850 Library Avenue, Suite 100, Newark.
Projects that will be highlighted are:
* New Castle Industrial Track Trail
* Newark to Wilmington Pathway
* Pomeroy Trail
* C & D Canal Trail
* C & D Branch Canal Trail
* Southern NCCo Pathways
* Talley Road Pathway
* City of Wilmington – Brandywine to Christina Trail
* Auburn Heights Preserve
* White Clay Creek State Park – Tri-Valley Trail
* White Clay Creek State Park – Hopkins Road connector at the Pomeroy Trail
* Brandywine Park – Northern Delaware Greenway Trail
* Lums Pond State Park trail improvements
* Delaware City – gateway to the C&D Canal Trail
Why attend? Because we want beautiful trails like this in Delaware!!!
(This is the newest section of the Great Allegheny Pass in Pennsylvania)