Help guide and build the Newark Bike Project!
On behalf of the Newark Bike Project, thanks for being part of our community! We are seeking your nominations for the 2019-2021 board of directors. Deadline to apply has been extended to October 15.
Founded in 2012, the Newark Bike Project is a nonprofit based in Newark, DE. We are a grassroots organization promoting bicycling to the community of Newark, Delaware, two wheels at a time. Our charitable mission is to:
- Create an inclusive and flexible resource devoted to empowering members of the community in the use of wheeled, self‐powered transportation;
- Value sustainable and environmentally safe transportation alternatives, sharing and the creation of bicycle expertise and education, community building, and the overall joy of cycling; and
- Offer an affordable option for community engagement, through reused/recycled bicycles, parts, and the knowledge to sustain them.
Newark Bike Project is a volunteer-driven organization guided by a board of directors and energized by the participation of our volunteer community. During the next two years, the organization has big plans to:
- Grow our volunteer participation
- Increase our charitable programs that provide free or low-cost bicycles to the community
- Fund our programs, including potentially seeking funds to hire an executive director
As a growing organization, we need diverse expertise and support. We are seeking team members who can help promote our mission and share ideas openly. Additionally, we seek candidates with any of the following attributes:
- Networking and connections within the community
- Ability and desire to be part of our fundraising and development strategy
- Retail management, marketing, fundraising, finance/accounting, human resource and/or non-profit management experience
Newark Bike Project is committed to improving the diversity of the bicycle movement in the Newark/University of Delaware community and we are looking for board members representing a broad range of backgrounds. We encourage all interested persons to apply for this position regardless of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex, age, or political affiliation.
Availability: Our board members serve two-year terms, though we can provide flexibility for student board members who may be graduating.
Commitment Details: Includes several hours per month on tasks such as attending monthly board meetings, volunteering in the shop, fundraising, community outreach, and becoming a champion of our shared cause.
We are an all-volunteer board. Give back to the community while gaining excellent experience working hand-in-hand with like-minded folks. Network with local civic leaders while making Newark a more bicycle-friendly community.
Nominations are due by 5 p.m. on October 15. To nominate yourself or someone else, please email the name, phone number, email and a short description of why you think this person would be a great addition to the Newark Bike Project board to firstname.lastname@example.org. After October 1, we will contact all nominees to confirm that they are that they are interested in the position.
Please Share! Do you know somebody who would be a good candidate? Send them this announcement. Please feel free to email email@example.com if you have questions or would like to talk to any of our current board.
Newark Bike Project, Inc.
A 501(c)(3) volunteer-run community bike shop for used bike sales, donations, and learn-to-do-it-yourself repairs
136 South Main St, Newark DE 19711