To further the growth of our organization, we invite applicants for a position of part time employee. A work schedule of 15-20 hours per week during the noon to 7 pm time frame, including some Saturday hours, will be decided in consultation between Newark Bike Project and the successful applicant.
- Open and close the shop, coordinate with volunteers, and help to create a functional clean shop environment
- Solicit and receive donations of used bicycles
- Fix up bikes during downtime in the shop
- Track retail parts, tools, supply inventory levels and notify ordering person (or place the order)
- Potentially writing and communication for NBP outreach
- Mechanics skills (Particularly with older and low-end donated bikes, to make them safe and functional).
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- A motivated, responsible self-starter
- Committed to the goal and values (community, education and empowerment for sustainability) of the Newark Bike Project
What we offer:
- A flexible position with a competitive wage, commensurate with experience.
- A team of passionate volunteers with a heart for bicycling that will work with you.
Apply by sending your resume, cover letter and two references to email@example.com. Any questions regarding this function can be sent to the same address. The position will remain open until filled.
The Newark Bike Project is committed to diversity and does not discriminate on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.